The Hall of Industries
The Hall of Industries is where you have the chance to pit your home-making skills against the Bream Creek locals in this hotly contested (but friendly) competition. In order to compete, you might need to buy a sheep (to enter a fleece) or a farm (so you can win the pasture and fodder section)! But if either of those are out of your reach, try your hand at some of the following (click on the text to see a pdf of the schedule for the category):
- Knitting, Crochet and Needlework
- Painting, Drawing, Craft (including woodwork)
- Cut flowers and Floral Art
- Jams, Relishes, Sauce and even eggs
- Homegrown Fruit, Vegetables and Nuts
- Everything Pumpkin
- Wines, Beers, Ciders, and Liqueurs
- Kids entries (for craft, cooking and photography for kids up to 17 years of age, for activities undertaken at home)
- School entries (from pre-school to Grade 10)
The full schedule for the 2017 Hall of Industries can be found here.
The judging criteria for the cookery section can be found here.
For more information, contact the entries secretary via email@example.com
You can enter your local pasture and your fleece in the outdoor competitions. For those without a farm, bring along your scarecrow, your huge pumpkin and zucchini, or enter on the day in the Oyster Shucking, or the Showgirl and Showboy competitions. These are the outdoor categories:
- Fodder and Pasture
- Oyster Shucking
- Showgirl and Showboy
- And of course, the famous Heaviest Pumpkin competition, joined this year for the first time with the Heaviest Zucchini!
For more information on how to enter the Outdoor competitions, click here, or contact the entries secretary via firstname.lastname@example.org