The Hall of Industries
The Hall of Industries is where you have the chance to pit your home-making skills against the Bream Creek locals in this hotly contested (but friendly) competition. In order to compete, you might need to buy a sheep (to enter a fleece) or a farm (so you can win the pasture and fodder section)! But if either of those are out of your reach, try your hand at some of the following (click on the text to see a pdf of the schedule for the category):
- Knitting and Crochet
- Needlework and Novelty Handcraft
- Art and Craft, Photography
- Cut flowers and Floral Art
- Jams, Relishes, Sauce and even eggs
- Homegrown Fruit and Nuts
- Homegrown Vegetables
- Wines, Beers, Ciders, Liqueurs
- Kids entries (for craft, cooking and photography for kids up to 17 years of age, for activities undertaken at home)
- School entries (from pre-school to Grade 10)
The full schedule for the 2019 Hall of Industries is coming soon. Hardcopies will be available in various locations - check back here for an update soon.
For more information, contact the entries secretary via firstname.lastname@example.org
You can enter your local pasture and your fleece in the outdoor competitions. For those without a farm, bring along your scarecrow, your huge pumpkin and zucchini, or enter on the day in the Oyster Shucking, the Blunnie Toss, the Biggest Tosser comp, the Rural Iron Woman or the Showgirl and Showboy competitions. These were the outdoor categories in 2018 - check back here soon for the 2019 comps:
- Fodder and Pasture
- Giant Vegetable (marrow, potato and carrot entries are accepted)
- Showgirl and Showboy
- Crazy Lamps
- The Great Scone Bake Off
Have a go, on show day with the following:
- Oyster Shucking
- Blunnie Toos
- The Biggest Tosser (in the tosser zone, a series of tossing competitions will dictate who is the biggest tosser...)
- The Rural Iron Woman
- Guess the Weight of the Bull
- Guess the Weight of the Big Black Rooster
- Name the Flags
- Pie Eating
And of course, the famous Heaviest Pumpkin competition.
Check back here to download our full schedule with all the information for the 2019 show.
For further information, contact the entries secretary via email@example.com
Please note that the Lawn Mower Race is not open to the general public.